It can feel like a bad “case of the Mondays” all week, every week if the work environment just doesn’t work for employees. We have all experienced days that feel like we are pulled in different directions and can’t focus to get anything done. To combat this, we created custom workstations using the trusted brand of aluminum extrusion we have used successfully in hundreds of builds – Maytec. How had we not thought of this before? This simple change made all the difference.
There are a ton of factors that make these custom workstations a successful fit for a production department, but the top reasons are:
1. The height of the tables is ergonomically friendly for a production team. A strong ergonomics integration prevents injuries, increases productivity and ultimately reduces costs.
2. The casters give the freedom to move the tables according to work flow. In a company that is constantly evolving and growing, a setup that worked one month, might not work the next. The Maytec workstations can move, adapt, and grow with us.
3. Bottom shelves provide extra storage space. Honestly, everyone needs extra storage space. Need we say more?
4. Middle shelves provide tool storage. We’ve all heard the adage, “A place for everything, and everything in its place”. The tool storage shelf keeps everything easily accessible, which in turn boosts productivity (and reduces frustration!) by limiting the amount of time procuring a needed tool.
5. Top shelves used as bin location for parts. With frequent repeat assemblies in production, storing parts as close to the assembly area and keeping track of them with bin assignments are key. This is an easy and effective way to keep the workspaces from becoming cluttered.
6. End caps are used for large hanging items. We found a perfect fit for packing materials and rolls to prepare finished product for shipment.
7. The overall appearance of production room is so much nicer. Sure, looks aren’t everything, but it does speak volumes about an organizations’ values, achievements, work ethic, and professionalism.
“The ability to customize the workstation allows us to add the tools we really need. After all, a workman is only as good as his tools.” – Felipe Causor, Brenner-Fiedler Production Dept.
If your production department is in need of a productivity facelift, send a quick email to see if we can design a custom workstation to fit your production needs.